The students at St Paul’s are committed to standing up against bullying and our goal is to continue to build an inclusive, learning community.

As well as participating in the National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence, our students recently saw a performance of The Power of One and signed a pledge to speak out about bullying. The performance  reinforced the message that bullying is never to be accepted, in an interactive and engaging way. It also made a profound impact on the students who saw it.

I will not bully others.

I will not stand by while others are bullied.

I will report and deal with bullying whenever I see it…

….because I have

the POWER of ONE

Comments from our students

‘Anti-bullying is an important message to learn about because this can happen to anyone. You can help by being an ‘upstander’ in any of these cases of bullying and this means to help the victim and say no to the bullies. I liked The Power of One presentation because it was interesting and they didn’t make it boring. They made it fun and they made sure that everyone could understand the anti-bullying message,’ said student Alessia.

‘After the play we said a pledge to never bully and promised that if we see someone being bullied that we would help him or her,’ said students Katarina and Jacob. ‘Now we have a great understanding of what to do if we see someone being bullied or if we are being bullied.’

X